More Gray than Dorian.

Here a picture of the first days being unemployed.
The issue is whether this time has to be spent in the effort to grab a new temporary job, whatever it may be, or needs to be taken as an opportunity to rethink my mission in life. My answer is: the second you said. These past days have actually begun very well, and full of human touches. I went out with a friend for a beer and, having realized that I was desperately unemployed and she seemed much stronger than I was, when she asked: "so, what is your battle plan?", I quietly talked a bit a then left. Then, on the train home, I started to feel dizzy and wishing to vomit. I rushed out and kneeled on the trottoir. I was with my head declined, my mouth open and rivers of saliva going down to the floor. I was waiting for the acid-sour vomit to occupy all my aesophagus and rush out irresistible like a volcano. I was there quietly waiting as a sheep in the slaughterhouse. Then, a person gave me a napkin and asked me if I wanted an ambulance Noo! I said, as I am not covered by social security - meaning that I cannot never take an ambulance if I do not want to spend 500 Eur for that. The lady went away. No no I am fine, I repeated while spitting on the floor. Then a while, another came and I saw a brownish hand and another napkin in my visual field "Take take it for later". I heightened my sight, I say a veiled woman. She was African, apparently aged 40, with 3 children. I asked her to walk me towards home, after having known that she was going in that direction and that it was a walkable distance.
She told me that she was from Somalia, she was political refugiée in Belgium. She had lost her husband on the civil war. "The killed him in front of me", she lost her house that day, so she took her three children, the oldest one aged 5, and come to Belgium. Then she worked as a personal assistant of elderly people, staying with them from the morning till the evening. Boring job, and hard. But that day was her free day and she had a big smile on her face.
She told, never stop to fight, we have to fight, and never stop. God gives us the strength.
Other would say: Pray as everything depended on God, work as everythig depended on you.
She said: "this is fine, everything will be ok, do not stop fighting.
YOU, WHO ARE SO YOUNG."
Thanks woman. May God bless you for your act of charity and for the admiration you have inspired me.

Peace.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

What Amelie stands for

Love. Full stop.

Berlusconianism and the Modern State